Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Future of Media #80 : Movie



1. I watched a free full-length special program of "Audrey Hepbur Remembered"    on HULU.  By the way I am able to watch some foreign classic movies on Youtube,    such as "Sissi" (German )and "The Singer, Not the Song" (British). Youtube    provides the full coverage. I searched some US Movies on Youtube, the coverage    is incomplete(Copyright issue?) I like Hulu which provides a broad range of collection.

I still prefer watching DVDs on TV, since TV has larger screen and better
sounding effects.

2. IMDB is my favorite site to check out the current or coming-soon movies, it
provides the info on Director, Plot, Cast, User Rating etc. I always read
the reviews before I watching the movie.

3. If I consider using any of the fee-based service, I would definitely choose
Netflex. First of all Netflex has a huge collection (over 100,000 DVD Titles)
Secondly Netflex provides pretty good service , the customers received their
DVD in about 1 business day.
We were used to go to local Blockbuster for Movie Rental, the New Release (One
Night Only) charges is expensive and we had to watch the DVD hurry-hurry.
As always, the movies needed to be returned on time , since the late fee is
high too.
Netflex is very customer-friendly and I personally think that's the key
reason for it's booming business.

No comments: